The paradoxes of Mr. Pond / G.K. Chesterton ; with a new introduction by Martin Gardner.
- Other Title:
- Paradoxes of Mister Pond.
- New York : Dover Publications, 1990.
- Dover books on literature and drama.
Dover books on literature and drama
xi, 126 pages ; 22 cm.
- Pond, Mr. (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
Detective and mystery stories, English.
Pond, Mr. (Fictitious character).
- "The Paradoxes of Mr. Pond is Chesterton's last work of fiction, but by no means his least. It consists of eight suspenseful stories featuring one of Chesterton's most delightful amateur sleuths, a deceptively "mild little man" who knows thoroughly the ways of the world and possesses the uncanny ability to make shrewd deductions and accurate intuitive guesses. Mr. Pond is also fond of making casual remarks that seem to be logical contradictions. Behind each of these paradoxes lies a mysterious and lighthearted tale superbly told."--Back cover.
The three horsemen of apocalypse
The crime of Captain Gahagan
When doctors agree
Pond the pantaloon
The unmentionable man
Ring of lovers
The terrible troubadour
A tall story.
- Originally published: New York : Dodd, Mead, 1937.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|