On politics and the art of acting / Arthur Miller.
- Advance Uncorrected Proof
- New York : Viking, 2001.
87 pages : illustrations ; 19 cm
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1945-1989.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1989-
Acting -- Political aspects -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Mass media -- Political aspects -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Presidents -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Politicians -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Presidents -- United States -- Psychology.
Politicians -- United States -- Psychology.
Political culture -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Miller, Arthur, 1915-2005 -- Political and social views.
USA -- Regierung.
USA -- Präsident.
- Local subjects:
- Miller, Arthur, 1915-2005.
- "Ronald Reagan might have been the first professional actor elected president, but, as Arthur Miller reminds us in his delightfully acerbic On Politics and the Art of Acting, President Reagan was by no means the only actor to occupy the White House in modern times." "Beginning with our latest farcical election, Arthur Miller considers the twin arts of acting and politics in our brave new Age of Entertainment and contrasts the relatively poor thespian skills of Messrs. Bush and Gore with the consummate art practiced by some of the great masters of the modern American political stage: Bill Clinton, Reagan, JFK and FDR. At once witty, wise and deeply provocative, On Politics and the Art of Acting is essential reading for everyone seriously interested in the American political scene."--Jacket.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|