Derush le-Yom Kipur / yad ha-kotev le-ḥayim Maimon Aboḥboṭ. = דרוש ליום כפור / יד הכותיב לחיים, [?] מימון אבחבט.
- Terceira, 1856.
20 leaves : paper ; 182 x 114 (152 x 90) mm bound to 200 x 126 mm.
- Repentance -- Judaism -- Sermons.
Yom Kippur sermons.
Jews -- Azores -- Sources.
Manuscripts, Hebrew -- 19th century.
- Hebrew and Judeo-Portuguese.
- Leader of the Jewish community in Terceira, one of the islands of the Azores.
- Sermon on repentance, the importance of charity, and the book of Jonah.
- Ms. codex.
Title from title on first front flyleaf (f. i recto).
Foliation: Paper, ii + 20 + ii; [i-ii], 1-17, , early foliation in ink, upper left recto.
Layout: Written in 14-16 long lines; frame-ruled in lead; octavo.
Script: Written in square script (Hebrew) and semi-cursive Sephardic script (Judeo-Portuguese) by Maimon Aboḥboṭ (f. i recto).
Binding: Contemporary (19th-century) calf, gilt-tooled, marbled endpapers; the first and last leaf are pasted to an earlier paper wrapper.
Origin: Written in Teceira in October 1856 (f. 17r, in colophon); colored label on front flyleaf has date Ogusṭo (August) 1856.
- Penn Provenance:
- Formerly owned by antiquarian bookdealer and collector Alfonso Cassuto (Lisbon; embossed stamp, f. i recto; bookplate, f. i verso); probably purchased in 1978 (note in pencil, f. i verso).
Sold by the Cassuto family in Portugal, 2014.
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Codex 1651
- Cassuto, Alfonso, 1910-1990, former owner.
Alfonso Cassuto Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|