Checkpoint, temple, church and mosque : a collaborative ethnography of war and peace / Jonathan Spencer, Jonathan Goodhand, Shahul Hasbullah, Bart Klem, Benedikt Korf and Kalinga Tudor Silva.
- London : Pluto Press, 2015.
- Anthropology, culture, and society.
Anthropology, culture and society
xiii, 183 pages : illustrations, maps ; 22 cm
- War -- Religious aspects.
Peace -- Religious aspects.
Ethnic conflict -- Religious aspects.
Ethnology -- Sri Lanka.
- Checkpoint, temple, church and mosque is based on fieldwork in Sri Lanka's most religiously diverse and politically troubled region in the closing years of the civil war. It provides a series of new and provocative arguments about the promise of a religiously based civil society, and the strengths and weaknesses of religious organisations and religious leaders in conflict mediation.--Provided by publisher
- The East as a complex religious field
Land and water, war and not war
Making sacred space
Conflict in the plural
Boundary politics, religion and peace-building
Afterword : War's end
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 173-181) and index.
- Goodhand, Jonathan, author.
Hasbullah, S. H., author.
Klem, Bart, author.
Korf, Benedikt, author.
Silva, Kalinga Tudor, 1949- author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|