The scapegoat / Sophia Nikolaidou ; translated from the Greek by Karen Emmerich.
- Standardized Title:
- Choreuoun hoi elephantes. English
- Brooklyn ; London : Melville House, 
246 pages ; 22 cm
- Murder -- Investigation -- Greece -- Fiction.
Greece -- Fiction.
- From a major new Greek writer, never before translated--a wide-ranging, muck-raking, beautifully written novel about the unsolved murder of an American journalist in Greece in the fortiesIn 1948, the body of an American journalist is found floating in the bay off Thessaloniki. A Greek journalist is tried and convicted for the murder . . . but when he's released twelve years later, he claims his confession was the result of torture.
- Emmerich, Karen, translator.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|