A lost lady / by Willa Cather.
- Other records:
- New York : Alfred A. Knopf, 1923 (Norwood, Mass : Printed and bound by the Plimpton Press)
173,  p. ; 20 cm.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Fiction.
Married women -- Fiction.
Nebraska -- Fiction.
- Psychological fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
United States Massachusetts Norwood.
- First edition, second printing (Mignon & Link K2.d; a variant of Crane A13.a.ii, with text in state D rather than state C).
"First and second printings before publication[.] Published September, 1923"--T.p. verso.
"Set up and electrotyped by the Vail-Ballou Co., Binghamton, N.Y. Paper furnished by W.F. Etherington & Co., New York."--T.p. verso.
- Local notes:
- Schimmel Collection copy imperfect: gathering  (p. 33-48) wanting with a second copy of gathering  bound in its place, the leaves in reverse order (i.e. 8-1; p. 63-64, 61-62, 59-60, 57-58, 55-56, 53-54, 51-52, 49-50).
Schimmel Collection copy has a few ms. notes in pencil on front free endpaper; paper slip with ms. bibliographical notes laid in.
Presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Caroline F. Schimmel.
Schimmel Collection copy bound in full tan linen cloth (cf. Crane p. 102); author's name stamped in gold at head of left board, followed by title in orange and a circular ornament stamped in gold; device of Borzoi Books stamped in blind in tail inner corner of right board; author's name stamped in gold on spine, followed by title in orange and a gold-stamped rule, with publisher's name stamped in gold at foot; now gray endpapers over now gray cloth tape in gutters; two single blank leaves of a different paper stock than the textblock inserted, one after the front free endpaper and one before the back free endpaper; untrimmed fore-edges; textblock resewn.
Schimmel Collection copy has tear in title leaf near inner margin.
- Penn Provenance:
- Schimmel, Caroline F. (donor) (Schimmel Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Crane, J. Willa Cather: a bibliography, A13.a.ii (var.)
Mignon & Link. Textual essay. (In Cather, W. A lost lady (University of Nebraska Press, 1997), p. 303-344), K2.d (p. 319)
- Caroline F. Schimmel Fiction Collection of Women in the American Wilderness (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|