- [Sydney, etc.] University of Sydney [etc.]
v. ill. (incl. music) plates, maps (part fold.) tables (part fold.) diagrs. 25 cm.
Three issues per year, 2006-
v. 1- Apr. 1930-
- Oceania -- Civilization -- Periodicals.
Ethnology -- Periodicals.
Ethnology -- Oceania -- Periodicals.
- Medical subjects:
- Ethnology -- Periodicals.
- "A journal devoted to the study of the native peoples of Australia, New Guinea, and the islands of the Pacific Ocean."
Editors: Apr. 1930-Mar. 1931, A.R. Radcliffe Brown; Sept. 1931-Dec. 1932, R. Firth; Mar. 1933- A.P. Elkin.
Latest issue consulted: Vol. 76, no. 1, (Mar. 2006)
Includes the sections "Reviews" and "Bibliographical notes."
Some nos. issued combined.
Published 1930-June 1933, for the Australian National Research Council by Macmillan & Co. Ltd.; Sept. 1933-June 1954 by the Australian National Research Council; Sept./Dec. 1954- by University of Sydney.
Some articles also published in monographic series: Oceania monographs.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Hazel M. Hussong Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Finding Aid/Index:
- Vols. 1-34, Apr. 30-June 1964. 1 v.; v. 1-60, 1930-1990 in v. 61, no. 1.
- Radcliffe-Brown, A. R. (Alfred Reginald), 1881-1955, ed.
Firth, Raymond, 1901-2002, ed.
Elkin, A. P. (Adolphus Peter), 1891-1979, ed.
University of Sydney.
Australian National Research Council.
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
Hazel M. Hussong Fund.
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Other format:
- Online version: Oceania (Online)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|