Peace breaks out / John Knowles.
- Uncorrected Proof
- New York : Holt, Rinehart and Winston, ©1981.
162 pages ; 22 cm
- Preparatory schools -- Fiction.
Teachers -- Fiction.
Teenage boys -- Fiction.
Preparatory school students -- Fiction.
New Hampshire -- Fiction.
Death -- Fiction.
Preparatory school students.
- An ex-infantryman and P.O.W. comes to Devon School, a boys prep school, to teach and rest from the war in 1945. At Devon School after World War II, Pete Hallam finds violence and tragecy among his students.
- Note to the reader that copy is uncorrected galley proof on first leaf.
Brief book description precedes half-title.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2 has ms. inscription on half title page: "To Gene Barnett - With all best thoughts - John Knowles".
- Penn Provenance:
- Knowles, John, 1926-2001 (autograph) (inscription) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2)
Barnett, Gene (inscription) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2)
Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|