Franz Schubert : the complete songs / Graham Johnson ; translations of the song texts by Richard Wigmore.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 
3 volumes ; 26 cm
- Schubert, Franz, 1797-1828. Songs.
Schubert, Franz, 1797-1828 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Songs -- Analysis, appreciation.
- Main text in English.
Song text containing original German words with English translation.
- This three-volume boxed set is the definitive work on Franz Schubert's vocal music with piano. A richly illustrated encyclopaedia, these substantial volumes contain more than seven hundred song commentaries with parallel text and translations (by Richard Wigmore), detailed annotations on the songs' poetic sources, and biographies of one hundred and twenty poets, as well as general articles on accompaniment, tonality, transcriptions, singers, and more. Compiled by Graham Johnson - celebrated accompanist, author, and the first pianist ever to record all of Schubert's songs and part-songs - this sumptuous work is a must for performers, scholars, and all lovers of Schubert lieder.
- v. 1. A-I
v. 2. J-Schulze
v. 3. Schwanengesang-Z.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Hilda A. Wurtman Memorial Fund.
- Wigmore, Richard, translator.
Hilda A. Wurtman Memorial Fund.
9780300112672 (3 volume set)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|