The facts of life : stories, 1940-1949 / Paul Goodman ; edited by Taylor Stoehr.
- Santa Barbara, Calif. : Black Sparrow Press, 1979.
- His The collected stories ; v. 3
329 pages : portrait ; 24 cm.
- Manners and customs -- Fiction.
Manners and customs
- The facts of life
On the rocks along the river
The university in exile
The commodity embodied in bread
A statue of "strength and weakness"
A page of sketches and fights
Kennst du das land?
A fire on our street
The dream of a little lady painter
For my daughter on my birthday
The father of the psychoanalytic movement
The emperor of China
The formulation of freedom
Little Bert, or The intervention
Eros, or the drawing of the bow
The legs of my dog: Some notes on gross physiology and visual form
On the question : "What is the meaning of life?"
Incidents of the labyrinth
The wisdom of Solomon
Two classical draft-dodgers
Likely and the dragon
Terry Fleming, or are you planning a universe?
The midnight sun
The Lear complex
Thoughts on fever, and thoughts on these thoughts
The home-made sweater
Daylight and Adam naming the beasts
- "This edition is published in paper wrappers; there are 750 hardcover trade copies; & 20 special copies have been handbound in boards by Earle Gray"--Colophon.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2 are hardcover trade edition.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Stoehr, Taylor, 1931-2013.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
0876853580 (deluxe ed.)
9780876853580 (deluxe ed.)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|