Charismatic practice and Catholic parish life : the incipient pentecostalization of the church in Guatemala and Latin America / by Jakob Egeris Thorsen.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- Global Pentecostal and Charismatic studies ; 1876-2247 v. 17.
Global Pentecostal and Charismatic studies, 1876-2247 ; volume 17
viii, 242 pages : illustration ; 24 cm.
- Catholic Church -- Guatemala -- Guatemala.
Catholic Church -- Customs and practices.
Pentecostalism -- Guatemala -- Guatemala.
Catholic Church -- Latin America.
Pentecostalism -- Latin America.
- In 'Charismatic practice and Catholic parish life - the incipient pentecostalization of the church in Guatemala and Latin America', Jakob Egeris Thorsen offers a detailed ethnographic and theological analysis of the impact of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal on the Catholic Church in the region. Based on fieldwork, this interdisciplinary study examines how Charismatic practice and spirituality permeate both local parish life and the pastoral plans of the Catholic Church in Guatemala and Latin America.00The Charismatic Renewal is the largest lay movement in Latin America and has a profound influence on the Catholic Church. This book analyses both the social and ecclesiological consequences of an incipient Pentecostalization of Guatemalan and Latin American Catholicism.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- 9789004291652 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9004291652 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9789004291669 (e-book : alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|