Nirālambopaniṣad, circa 1700-1850. = निरालम्बोपनिषद्, १७००-१८५०.
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (3 leaves) : paper ; 13 x 22 cm.
- Demonology -- India.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is used for contemplation, study, and recitation, and is a work dedicated to philosophical inquiries, a set of questions with answers, to help better understand the nature of the universe and various aspects of its composition both physical and sociological (the nature of its constituent parts, the nature of demons, students, teachers, and more).
- Title from colophon (f. 3v).
Written in 9 lines per leaf.
3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: nirālaṃbopaniṣatsamāptaṃ // (f. 3v).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins, some in a second scribal hand; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 638 (UP 1270).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1270
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 1270
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|