Jayhawk! : the VII Corps in the Persian Gulf War / Stephen A. Bourque.
- Other records:
- Washington, D.C. : Department of the Army, 2002.
- CMH pub; 70-73-1.
- Government document
xvi, 514 pages : illustrations (some color), color maps ; 25 cm.
- Persian Gulf War, 1991 -- Regimental histories -- United States.
United States. Army. Corps, 7th -- History -- 20th century.
United States. Army. Corps, 7th.
Persian Gulf War (1991)
USA -- Corps (7)
- Serves as an account of the involvement of Lt. Gen. Frederick M. Franks's command in Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm. The arrival of Jayhawk with its armor heavy forces gave the coalition the offensive option to drive the Iraqi Army out of Kuwait, but the rapid conclusion of the popularly known 100-Hour War with smart bombs, precision-guided weapons, and efficient electronics fostered what the author calls the illusion of a simple, almost push-button, operation with a preordained outcome. Arguing that the endeavor was anything but simple, Bourque tells the full story of the VII Corps from its deployment to Saudi Arabia, through its phases of preparation and its offensive against the Iraqi Army, to finally its return to Europe and the United States, in the process bringing alive the scale and complexities involved in assembling, moving, and controlling men and materiel.
- Background : VII Corps in Europe
Notification, deployment, and planning
Tactical Assembly Area Juno
The defense of TAA Juno
The Iraqi defenses and the 1st Cavalry Division
1st Infantry Division border activities and field artillery raids
To the line of departure
Into the breach
Breakout : 25 February
Objective Collins : night of 25-26 February
Searching for the guard
Flank and deep operations
Destruction of the Tawakalna Mechanized Division
Battle of Medina Ridge
Exploitation and pursuit
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 475-488) and index.
- John Penman Wood Fund.
- Other format:
- Online version: Bourque, Stephen A. (Stephen Alan), 1950- Jayhawk!
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|