Proceedings of the 240 Conference : science's great challenges / edited by Aaron R. Dinner.
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, 
- Conference Name:
- 240 Conference (2012 : University of Chicago)
- Advances in chemical physics ; v. 157.
Advances in chemical physics ; volume 157
x, 351 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Chemistry, Physical and theoretical -- Congresses.
Research -- Congresses.
Chemistry, Physical and theoretical.
- Conference proceedings.
- "Based on the '240' Conference held at the University of Chicago in September of 2012, this special volume of The Advances in Chemical Physics series celebrates scientific research contributions and careers of R. Stephen Berry, Stuart A. Rice and Joshua Jortner"-- Provided by publisher.
- Part I: The emergence and breakdown of complexity. Features of complexity / Ronnie Kosloff
Exploring quantum-classical boundary / Kenji Ohmori
Transition from atoms to clusters to condensed matter / Julius Jellinek
Free energies of staging a scenario and perpetual motion machines of the third kind / Peter Salamon [and five others]
Finite-time thermodynamics tools to analyze dissipative processes / Karl Heinz Hoffmann, Bjarne Andresen and Peter Salamon
New types of complexity in chemical kinetics: intersections, coincidences, and special symmetrical relationships / G.S. Yablonsky, D. Constales, and G.B. Marin
Opportunities in the area of noise in biological reaction networks / Aaron R. Dinner
Thermodynamic approach to chemical networks / G. Nicolis, C. Nicolis
On the emergence of simple structures in complex phenomena: concepts and some numerical examples / Martin Quack
The emergence of simplicity from complexity / John D. Weeks, John C. Tully
Part II: Dynamics at extremes. On the way to a theory of solid state synthesis: issues and open questions / J. Christion Schon
Beyond molecular conduction: optical and thermal effects in molecular junctions / Abraham Nitzan
Thermal conductance at the interface between molecules / David M. Leitner
Laser energy deposition in nanodroplets and nuclear fusion driven by coulomb explosion / Andreas Heidenreich
Understanding ultraintense X-ray interactions with matter / Linda Young
Time-dependent computational methods for matter under extreme conditions / Barry I. Schneider [and four others]
Elementary excitations in ultracold finit sytems / John Weiner
Part III: Grand questions. On biomolecular homochirality as a quasi-fossil of the evolution of life / Martin Quack
Origins of life / Sydney Leach.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Dinner, Aaron R. (Aaron Reuven), editor.
Berry, R. Stephen, 1931- honoree.
Rice, Stuart Alan, 1932- honoree.
Jortner, Joshua, honoree.
- Other format:
- Online version: 240 Conference (2012 : University of Chicago) Proceedings of the 240 Conference
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|