Key issues in historical theory / Herman Paul.
- Standardized Title:
- Als het verleden trekt. English
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2015.
xvi, 159 pages ; 24 cm
- History -- Philosophy.
History -- Philosophy
- "An introduction to the field of historical theory, incorporating examples from novels, paintings, music, and political debates and using text boxes to provide focus on key topics"-- Provided by publisher.
- What is historical theory?
What is the past?
Relations with the past
The material relation : rooted in the past
The aesthetic relation : historical narratives
The political relation : making history
The epistemic relation (I) : historical hypotheses
The epistemic relation (II) : historical explanations
The epistemic relation (III) : truth and plausibility
The moral relation : lessons from the past
Relations management : the ethics of historical scholarship.
- "The present book is an adapted and improved version of the Dutch original (especially chapter 1 has been thoroughly revised)."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Runia, Anthony, 1959- translator.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|