Transgender people / Tamara Thompson, book editor.
- Farmington Hills, Mich. : Greenhaven Press, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning, 
- At issue. Social issues.
At issue. Social issues
152 pages ; 24 cm.
- Transgender people.
- Popular works
- "Books in this anthology series focus a wide range of viewpoints onto a single controversial issue, providing in-depth discussions by leading advocates, a quick grounding in the issues, and a challenge to critical thinking skills"-- Provided by publisher.
- What does it mean to be transgender? / American Psychological Association
Being transgender is not a mental disorder / Dana Beyer
There is no such thing as "transgender" / Thaddeus Baklinski
Transgender people face widespread discrimination / Jaime M. Grant et al.
Transgender people need more legal protection / Movement Advancement Project et al.
Giving transgender people special legal status is bad public policy / Ryan T. Anderson
The transgender rights movement is fighting for equality / Associated Press
The transgender rights movement is harmful to society / Keith Fournier
Sex-reassignment surgery is a medical necessity / Lambda Legal
Sex-reassignment surgery is unnecessary mutilation / Julie Bindel
Transgender kids: painful quest to be who they are / Madison Park
Helping transgender children transition is child abuse / Sheila Jeffreys
Schools should accommodate transgender students / Robin Abcarian
The wrong approach to transgender students / Mary Rice Hasson
Transgender people should be banned from military service / Jeff Allen
Transgender people should be allowed to serve in the military / Melissa Rayworth
Insurance and public programs should not cover transgender health care / Allen B. West.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Commins-Holman Family Fund.
- Thompson, Tamara, editor.
Commins-Holman Family Fund.
- 9780737771916 (hardback)
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|