The book of Negroes / BET Networks presents ; in association with CBC ; a Conquering Lion Pictures, Out of Africa Entertainment production ; in association with Idlewild Films and Entertainment One ; director, Clement Virgo.
- [Toronto, Ontario] : Entertainment One Film, 
- [Toronto, Ontario] : Entertainment One Film 2015
3 videodiscs (506 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 volume (unpaged : illustrations ; 19 cm)
- Hill, Lawrence, 1957- -- Film adaptations.
Women slaves -- United States -- Drama.
Slave trade -- United States -- Drama.
Slaves -- Emancipation -- Drama.
Slavery -- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- Drama.
United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Drama.
American Revolution (1775-1783)
- Film adaptations.
Historical television programs.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English soundtrack.
Closed captioned in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, region 1, widescreen.
digital optical surround Dolby digital 5.1
video file DVD video region 1
- A universal story of loss, courage and triumph, this recounts the extraordinary journey of Aminata Diallo, an indomitable African woman who survives in a world in which everything seems to be against her. Kidnapped by slave traders in West Africa then sold into slavery in South Carolina, Aminata navigates her way through the American Revolution in New York, the isolated refuge of Nova Scotia, and the treacherous jungles of Sierra Leone, before finally securing her freedom in England.
- Disc 1. (154 min.) Episodes 1-3
Disc 2. (165 min.) Episodes 4-6
Disc 3. (187 min.) Special features.
- Aunjanue Ellis, Louis Gossett Jr., Cuba Gooding, Jr., Ben Chaplin.
- 1.78:1 aspect ratio.
Title from disc label.
Dolby digital 5.1 surround.
Based on: The book of Negroes / Lawrence Hill ; book also released under the title: Someone knows my name.
Originally produced in Canada and broadcast by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) in 2015.
Special features include: Disc 1. Amistad featurette, History of The Black Loyalist Society featurette ; Disc 2. deleted scenes ; Disc 3. Interviews with cast and crew, Lawrence on set featurette, interview with author Lawrence Hill.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Herman V. Ames Fund.
- Virgo, Clement, television director., Television director
Ellis, Aunjanue, actor., Actor
Gossett, Louis, Jr., 1936- actor., Actor
Gooding, Cuba, Jr., 1968- actor., Actor
Chaplin, Ben, actor., Actor
BON Productions. , Producer
Entertainment One (Firm : India). , Producer
Black Entertainment Television. , Producer
Herman V. Ames Fund.
- History of The Black Loyalist Society.
- Publisher Number:
EOE-DV-7883 Entertainment One
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|