Baudhāyanayajñatantrapaśuprayoga, 1812. = बौधायनयज्ञतन्त्रपशुप्रयोग, १८१२.
1 item (24 leaves) : paper ; 10 x 25 cm.
- Animal sacrifice -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.
Hinduism -- Rituals -- Texts.
Rites and ceremonies -- India.
- Manuals (instructional materials)
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Selections from Baudhāyana's Prayogasāra, and is a collection of rules and regulations (dharma or Hindu law) containing Vedic rites for use by Hotṛ priests; work is especially concerned with the sacrifice of domestic animals (paśu).
- Title from title page (f. 24v).
Written in 10-12 lines per leaf.
24 leaves foliated 1-24, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: iti baudhāyanasūtrānusāriyajñataṃtroktapaśuprayogaḥ samāptaḥ // (f. 24r).
Manuscript is part of a group of manuscripts written by or under the direction of Sadāśiva, along with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1276, Item 1279, Item 1280, Item 1281, Item 1282, Item 1283, Item 1284, Item 1285, Item 1286, Item 1287, Item 1288, Item 1289, Item 1292, Item 1293, Item 1294, Item 1295, Item 1296, Item 1298, Item 1299, and Item 1300. Although no scribe is named, the manuscript is written on the same paper, in the same style, and on the same general subject (performing Vedic rites and ceremonies) as the other manuscripts in the group. The date of the manuscript falls within the dates of the manuscripts known to be written by or under the direction of Sadāśiva.
Dated śaka 1725 (1812) (f. 24r).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with triple red line; title page border marked with double red lines.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 236 (UP 1297).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1297.
- Sadāśiva (Son of Kāśinātha), associated name.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 1297
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|