The history of England from the invasion of Julius Caesar to the abdication of James Second, 1688 / by David Hume, esq.
- Other records:
- Philadelphia : J.B. Lippincott, 1868.
6 v. : ports. ; 19 cm.
- Great Britain -- History.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- "A new edition, with the author's last corrections and improvements. To which is prefixed a short account of his life, written by himself."
Frontispiece portrait (plate) of David Hume signed Sir Joshua Reynolds and D. L. Glover.
- Local notes:
- LIBRA Rare copy presented to the Penn Libraries by Paul Farber.
LIBRA Rare copy imperfect: vol. 1 only; all else wanting.
LIBRA Rare copy has an ownership inscription on recto of front flyleaf in black ink of "Essie Green"
LIBRA Rare copy bound in full brown leather; gilt tooled cover edges; marbled endpapers; all edges marbled.
LIBRA Rare copy left and right boards detached from spine; spine mutilated.
- Penn Provenance:
- Farber, Paul (donor) (LIBRA Rare copy)
Green, Essie (inscription) (LIBRA Rare copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Glover, De Lay, 1823-1863.
Reynolds, Joshua, Sir, 1723-1792.
J.B. Lippincott & Co., publisher.
- Other format:
- Online version: Hume, David, 1711-1776. History of England, from the invasion of Julius Caesar, to the revolution in 1688.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|