Employment growth from public support of innovation in small firms [electronic resource] / Albert N. Link, John T. Scott.
- Kalamazoo, Mich. : W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, 2012.
1 online resource (xi, 177 p.) : ill.
- Small business -- United States.
Research, Industrial -- United States.
Technological innovations -- Economic aspects -- United States.
Job creation -- United States.
Labor market -- United States.
- Introduction : The prevailing economic stage ; An innovation-based economic growth strategy ; Government's role in innovation ; An overview of the book
2. Small business innovation research program : Evolution of a policy emphasis on innovation in small firms ; The creation of the SBIR program ; Economic role of the SBIR program ; Employment growth and the SBIR program
3. National Research Council database : Background on the database ; Variables in the database ; Issues of sample selection bias ; Cross-agency analyses ; Conducting research in the absence of SBIR funding ; Project-specific employment growth from SBIR awards
4. Project-specific employment effects from SBIR awards : Descriptive statistics on retained employees ; Interpretation of the findings ; Static model of retained employees
5. Quantifying long-run employment growth from SBIR funding : Counterfactual model of employment growth ; Testable hypotheses ; Econometric results ; Interpretation of the findings
6. Factors related to employment growth from SBIR funding : Construction of new summary variables ; Explanatory variables and the estimated effects ; Interpretation of the findings
7. The exploitation of SBIR-induced intellectual capital and employment growth : Interpretation of the descriptive statistics
Appendixes : A. Glossary of variables and descriptive statistics ; B. Technical appendix.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. Available via World Wide Web.
Description based on print version record.
- Scott, John T., 1947-
- Other format:
- Print version: Link, Albert N. Employment growth from public support of innovation in small firms.
- 9780880993944 (electronic bk.)
0880993944 (electronic bk.)
9780880993869 (hardback. : alk. paper)
0880993863 (hardback. : alk. paper)
9780880993852 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0880993855 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|