Odd man out / Janus Films ; J. Arthur Rank presents a Two Cities film ; F. Del Giudice in charge of production ; Carol Reed's production ; screen play by F.L. Green and R.C. Sherriff ; produced and directed by Carol Reed.
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [Irvington, N.Y.] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 754.
The Criterion collection ; 754
2 videodiscs (116 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 folded insert (10 unnumbered pages)
DVD video 4 3/4 in.
- Green, F. L. (Frederick Laurence), 1902-1953 -- Film adaptations.
Fugitives from justice -- Drama.
Critically ill -- Drama.
Irish Republican Army -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Robbery -- Drama.
Northern Ireland -- Drama.
- Crime films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English with optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC; region 1; mono.; 1.37:1 aspect ratio.
digital optical mono Dolby Digital 1.0
laser optical NTSC
video file DVD video region 1
- Taking place largely over the course of one tense night, Carol Reed's psychological noir, set in an unnamed Belfast, stars James Mason as Johnny McQueen, a revolutionary ex-con leading a robbery that goes horribly wrong. Injured and hunted by the police, he seeks refuge throughout the city, while the woman he loves (Kathleen Ryan) searches for him among the shadows.
- disc one. Odd man out (feature film)
disc two. [Special features].
- James Mason, Robert Newton, Cyril Cusack, F.J. McCormick, William Hartnell, Fay Compton, Denis O'Dea, W.G. Fay, Maureen Delaney, Elwyn Brook-Jones, Robert Beatty, Dan O'Herlihy, Kitty Kirwan, Beryl Measor, Roy Irving, Joseph Tomelty, Arthur Hambling, Ann Clery, Maura Milligan, Maureen Cusack, Eddie Byrne, Kathleen Ryan.
- Director of photography, Robert Krasker ; production decor, Roger Furse ; art director, Ralph Brinton ; editor, Fergus McDonell ; music composed by William Alwyn ; conducted by Muir Mathieson ; played by the London Symphony Orchestra.
- Based on the novel by F.L. Green.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1947.
Special features: Template for the troubles: John Hill on Odd man out (new interview with British cinema scholar John Hill about the film and its depiction of Northern Ireland); Postwar poetry: Carol Reed and Odd man out (a new short documentary about the film, archival material and interviews with filmmakers, director Carol Reed's collaborators, and critics); Home, James (1972 documentary featuring actor James Mason revisiting his hometown of Huddersfield, England); Collaborative composition: scoring Odd man out (interview with music scholar Jeff Smith about composer William Alwyn and his unusual score); Suspense, episode 460 (radio adaptation of the film, originally broadcast on February 11, 1952, starring Mason and Dan O'Herlihy, produced and directed by Elliott Lewis). Insert includes an essay by critic Imogen Sara Smith.
- Reed, Carol, 1906-1976, film director, film producer., Director, Producer
Rank, J. Arthur, 1888-1972, presenter., Presenter
Del Giudice, F. (Filippo), 1892-1963, production manager., Production manager
Green, F. L. (Frederick Laurence), 1902-1953, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Sherriff, R. C. (Robert Cedric), 1896-1975, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Mason, James, 1909-1984, actor., Actor
Newton, Robert, 1905-1956, actor., Actor
Cusack, Cyril, 1910-1993, actor., Actor
McCormick, F. J., approximately 1890-1947, actor., Actor
Hartnell, William, 1908-1975, actor., Actor
Compton, Fay, 1894-1978, actor., Actor
O'Dea, Denis, 1905-1978, actor., Actor
Fay, W. G. (William George), 1872-1947, actor., Actor
Delaney, Maureen, 1888-1961, actor., Actor
Brook-Jones, Elwyn, 1911-1962, actor., Actor
Beatty, Robert, 1909-1992, actor., Actor
O'Herlihy, Dan, 1919-2005, actor., Actor
Kirwan, Kitty, actor., Actor
Measor, Beryl, actor., Actor
Irving, Roy, 1911-1996, actor., Actor
Tomelty, Joseph, 1910-1995, actor., Actor
Hambling, Arthur, 1888-1952, actor., Actor
Clery, Ann, actor., Actor
Milligan, Maura, actor., Actor
Cusack, Maureen, 1920-1977, actor., Actor
Byrne, Eddie, 1911-1981, actor., Actor
Ryan, Kathleen, 1922-1985, actor., Actor
Krasker, Robert, director of photography., Cinematographer
Furse, Roger, production designer., Production designer
Brinton, Ralph, art director., Art director
McDonell, Fergus, 1910-1984, film editor., Editor
Alwyn, William, 1905-1985, composer (expression), Composer
Mathieson, Muir, conductor., Conductor
Smith, Imogen Sara, writer of supplementary textual content.,
London Symphony Orchestra, performer., Performer
Janus Films, production company., Producer
Two Cities Films, production company., Producer
Criterion Collection (Firm), film distributor., Distributor
- Home, James.
- Publisher Number:
CC2469DDVD The Criterion Collection
CC2469D The Criterion Collection
CC2469D-1 The Criterion Collection (disc 1)
CC2469D-2 The Criterion Collection (disc 2)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|