International encyclopedia of digital communication and society / editors-in-chief: Robin Mansell and Peng Hwa Ang ; associate editors: Pieter Ballon [and more].
- [Place of publication not identified] : Wiley-Blackwell, 2015.
- Wiley Blackwell-ICA international encyclopedias of communication.
Wiley Blackwell-ICA international encyclopedias of communication
1 online resource (3 volumes)
- Digital media -- Social aspects -- Encyclopedias.
Social media -- Encyclopedias.
User-generated content -- Encyclopedias.
- Electronic books.
- Research on digital communication and society is rapidly expanding within the field of media and communication studies as global connectivity reaches the remotest parts of the world. Mobile devices and the internet are providing new means of entry into the digital age, and the number of stakeholders with an interest in the communication environment is growing fast. The International Encyclopedia of Digital Communication and Society introduces theoretical and applied research on the production and use of these technologies. With more than 150 entries across three volumes, the encyclopedia emphasizes research on digitally mediated communication with a focus on social media, commercial applications, and online gaming, as well as on legal and policy issues and the role of digital technologies in development. The entries, authored by scholars from around the world, demonstrate that digital connectivity has a rich variety of social, cultural, political, and business implications in different regions and countries. The Wiley Blackwell-ICA International Encyclopedias of Communication Series publishes A-Z encyclopedias representing the major subfields and areas of communication studies to provide state-of-the-art research for scholars in a highly interactive and accessible format. Together, these works provide a gateway to communication research for generations of students and scholars all over the world.
- Title details screen (Wiley Online Library, viewed on April 22, 2015).
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Mansell, Robin, editor.
Ang, Peng Hwa, editor.
Ballon, Pieter, editor.
Wiley Online Library.
Alumni and Friends Memorial Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1002/9781118767771 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.