The joy of mathematics : a conversation with Ian Stewart / Open Agenda Publishing.
- [Toronto, Ontario] : Open Agenda Publishing, 
- Ideas Roadshow
1 streaming video file (1 hr., 6 min.).
- Mathematics -- Social aspects.
- Streaming videos.
Interviews (Sound recordings)
- Closed captioned.
- System Details:
streaming video file
- Ian Stewart, mathematician and highly prolific writer, strongly disagrees with the common view that mathematics is uninteresting, and believes that much of its bad popular reputation is simply based upon a lack of understanding as to what it's really all about.
- Conversation stoppers and mathematical trauma
Symmetry and animals
Colouring networks and trotting horses
How to get unstuck and other good advice
Gender imbalance and Portuguese mysteries
- Host, Howard Burton.
- Editor, Andrew Niblo ; music, Shafton Thomas.
- Includes MP3 podcast of conversation.
- Stewart, Ian, 1945- interviewee.
Burton, Howard, 1965- interviewer.
Niblo, Andrew, editor.
Thomas, Shafton, musician.
Open Agenda Publishing, publisher.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|