Jean Pucelle : innovation and collaboration in manuscript painting / edited by Kyunghee Pyun and Anna D. Russakoff.
- London : Harvey Miller, 
218 pages : illustrations (some color), facsimiles ; 29 cm
- Pucelle, Jean, active 1320.
Illuminators -- France.
Illumination of books and manuscripts, French.
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- France.
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Gothic -- France.
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Gothic.
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval.
- Local subjects:
- Jean, Pucelle, -1334. (search)
- "Jean Pucelle (fl. ca. 1319-d. 1334) was one of the most prominent artists of the first half of the fourteenth century, an influential illuminator who worked closely with a number of collaborators both known and anonymous. A large number of lavishly-illuminated manuscripts have been attributed to him based on stylistic analysis. Scholarly essays in this book explore issues crucial to the establishment of his distinctive style: originality, technique, color palette, influence, levels of resemblance, the relationships between artistic media, and patronage. The contributors to this volume analyze the major works associated with Pucelle or the Pucellian style, and interpret pictorial elements in the tradition of artistic collaboration. This is the first collective work devoted entirely to Jean Pucelle and his legacy. With contributions by Barbara Drake Boehm, Pascale Charron, Marc Gil, Joan A. Holladay, Marguerite A. Keane, Mie Kuroiwa, Domenic Leo, Kyunghee Pyun, Anna D. Russakoff and Roger S. Wieck."--Publisher's website.
- Introduction / Roger S. Wieck
Jean Pucelle and his patrons / Joan A. Holladay
Jean Pucelle and the Parisian seal-engravers and goldsmiths / Marc Gil
Perfect penmanship : Pucelle's creativity in the margins of the Hours of Jeanne d'Évreux / Barbara D. Boehm
Collaborative illumination : Jean Pucelle and the visual program of Gautier de Coinci's Les miracles de Nostre Dame (Paris, BnF, nouv. acq. fr. 24541) / Anna D. Russakoff
Color, grisaille and pictorial techniques in works by Jean Pucelle / Pascale Charron
Working with Jean Pucelle and his successors : the case of the Saint Louis Master (Mahiet?) / Mie Kuroiwa
Collaboration in the Hours of Jeanne de Navarre / Marguerite A. Keane
The Pucellian School and the rise of naturalism : style as royal signifier? / Domenic Leo
Pucellian influence in illuminated liturgical manuscripts / Kyunghee Pyun.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 199-205) and indexes.
- Pyun, Kyunghee.
Russakoff, Anna D.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|