Encyclopedia of the Continental Congresses / Mark Grossman.
- First edition.
- Amenia, NY : Grey House Publishing, 2015. , ©2015.
2 volumes (1746 pages) : illustrations ; 29 cm
- United States. Continental Congress -- Encyclopedias.
Legislators -- United States -- 18th century -- Biography.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1775-1783 -- Encyclopedias.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1783-1789 -- Encyclopedias.
Encyclopedias and dictionaries.
- This 2-volume set examines the history of both the first Continental Congress in 1774 and the first Federal Congress in 1789, including their roles in the shaping of early American society and government. Introductory materials include a historical essay providing the reader with ample background information on this important historical body. Over 600 A-Z entries, many of them illustrated, examine the delegates to these two meetings; women and other figures who were significant to the political and social scene; important issues, such as slavery, war, diplomacy, and peace; and key places such as Philadelphia. A historical timeline chronicles significant events.
- Volume 1. A-K
Volume 2. L-Z.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|