Hollywood be thy name : the Warner Brothers story / Cass Warner Sperling and Cork Millner, with Jack Warner, Jr.
- Rocklin, CA : Prima Pub., ©1994.
xiv, 365 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Warner Bros. Pictures -- History.
Motion picture producers and directors -- United States -- Biography.
Warner Brothers Pictures.
- The real story of the Warner brothers has all the drama of a big screen production - a rags-to-riches immigrant tale with tension and strife between four brothers, love and marriage, death and divorce, plotting and betrayal. Harry, Sam, Albert, and Jack. Their father Ben insisted that by sticking together they could succeed and prosper. And stick together they did, until they were separated over the years by the death of one brother, and, ultimately, by shocking betrayal. Using family letters, interviews, and personal recollections, Cass Warner Sperling, granddaughter of Harry Warner, and coauthor Cork Millner, along with Jack Warner Jr., have shaped a moving biography of this legendary Hollywood family. Written in a cinematic style and weaving in present-tense voices of still-living family members and former Warner Brothers associates, Hollywood Be Thy Name transports readers back to the beginnings of the movie era and into the lives of Hollywood's most enduring legends.
- Includes index.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy 2 has dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Millner, Cork, 1931-
Warner, Jack, 1916-
- Other format:
- Online version: Sperling, Cass Warner, 1948- Hollywood be thy name.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|