Pocket guide to kidney stone prevention [electronic resource] : dietary and medical therapy / Manoj Monga, Kristina L. Penniston, David S. Goldfarb, editors.
- Cham : Springer, 
1 online resource (xv, 167 pages) : illustrations
- Kidneys -- Calculi -- Treatment.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This book provides a concise, patient-directed approach to stone prevention. It defines who to evaluate and when to treat, and provides empiric guidelines for all stone formers. Specific treatment guidelines are also included, based on the kidney stone composition and the underlying metabolic abnormalities demonstrated by 24-hour urine stone risk profile. Written by experts in the field, Pocket Guide to Kidney Stone Prevention: Dietary and Medical Therapy serves as a valuable resource for a broad base of clinicians in primary and specialty care.
- What is the risk of stone recurrence?
General Nutrition Guidelines For All Stone Formers
24-hour Urine and Serum Tests: When and What?
Nutrition Management of Hypercalciuria
Nutrition Management of Hypocitraturia
Nutritional Management of Hyperoxaluria
Nutrition Management of Uric Acid Stones
Uric Acid Stones
Struvite Stones, Diet, and Medications.- Laboratory Follow-Up of the Recurrent Stone Former
Imaging (Cost, Radiation)
What to do about Asymptomatic Calculi?
Acute Renal Colic and Medical Expulsive Therapy
Stratifying Surgical Therapy. .
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Online resource; title from PDF title page (SpringerLink, viewed November 19, 2014).
- Monga, Manoj, editor of compilation.
Penniston, Kristina L., editor of compilation.
Goldfarb, David S., editor of compilation.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-11098-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|