Diagnostic tests in pediatric pulmonology [electronic resource] : applications and Interpretation / Stephanie D. Davis, Ernst Eber, Anastassios C. Koumbourlis, editors.
- New York : Humana Press, 
- Respiratory medicine (New York, N.Y.)
1 online resource.
- Pediatric respiratory diseases.
Lungs -- Diseases -- Diagnosis.
Children -- Diseases -- Diagnosis.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Over the past 20 years, diagnostic tests for pediatric pulmonologists have revolutionized care of children afflicted with respiratory disorders. These tests have been used to not only help in diagnosis, but also in the management and treatment of these children. Bronchoscopic, imaging and physiologic advances have improved clinical care of these children and have been used as outcome measures in research trials. Diagnostic Tests in Pediatric Pulmonology: Applications and Interpretation describes the various diagnostic modalities (especially the newer ones) that are available for the evaluation of pediatric respiratory disorders. It also provides an understanding of the advantages and limitations of each test so that the clinician may choose the most appropriate ones. An internationally renowned group of authors describe how best to interpret the key findings in a variety of tests as well as the possible pitfalls in incorrect interpretation. This volume focuses on the main diagnostic modalities used in the evaluation of pediatric patients with respiratory disorders and presents up-to-date information on the advantages and limitations of each test for a variety of conditions encountered in the practice of pediatric pulmonology. Clinical utility of these tests is also highlighted. This valuable resource is well suited to practicing clinicians, including pediatric pulmonologists, pediatricians and primary care practitioners, as well as trainees, respiratory therapists and clinical researchers.
- The Evaluation of the Upper And Lower Airways in Infants and Children.? Principles and Pearls from 4 Decades in the Trenches
Bronchoalveolar Lavage: Tests and Applications
Understanding Interventional Bronchoscopy
Nasal Nitric Oxide and Ciliary Video microscopy: Tests Used for Diagnosing Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia
Functional Evaluation of Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator
Allergic and Immunologic Testing in Children with Respiratory Disease
Interpretation of Pulmonary Function Tests in Clinical Practice
Infant and Preschool Pulmonary Function Tests
Newer Pulmonary Function Tests
Selection and Appropriate Use of Spirometric Reference Equations for the Pediatric Population
Polysomnography for the Pediatric Pulmonologist
Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing Techniques to Evaluate Exercise Tolerance
Imaging for the Pediatric Pulmonologist
Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide: Indications and Interpretation.
- Includes index.
Online resource; title from pdf information screen (EBSCO, viewed November 14, 2014).
- Davis, Stephanie D., editor.
Eber, Ernst, editor.
Koumbourlis, Anastassios C., editor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-1801-0 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|