Dry eye [electronic resource] : a practical approach / Colin Chan, editor.
- Berlin : Springer, 
- Essentials in ophthalmology
Essentials in ophthalmology
1 online resource : illustrations
- Dry eye syndromes.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This handbook is a concise, easy-to-read, practical guide that conveys the core knowledge necessary to diagnose, classify, grade, and manage dry eye disease effectively and efficiently. A series of succinct, informative chapters cover the following key topics: definition and classification, epidemiology, office-based screening and diagnostics, artificial tears, medical management, surgical management, and future directions. Current guidelines, published studies, and the personal experience of internationally recognized dry eye experts are distilled into practical tips that will be of value during daily clinical routine. Highlighted boxes are included to emphasize the most important points or clinical pearls, and tables and flow charts will further assist the eye care practitioner in using the book as a quick reference. The closing chapter presents case examples that build upon the instruction provided earlier in the book by illustrating the optimal approach to diverse scenarios that may be encountered in the clinic.
Definition and classification of dry eye
Epidemiology of dry eye
How to choose the right artificial tear
Practical office based screening and diagnostics
Medical management of dry eye
Procedural / surgical management of dry eye
Future directions and research.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Chan, Colin, editor.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-662-44106-0 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|