Interleukin-10 in Health and Disease [electronic resource] / edited by Simon Fillatreau, Anne O'Garra.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology, 0070-217X ; 380
Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology, 0070-217X ; 380
1 online resource
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- This volume provides a set of reviews dedicated to the biology of Interleukin (IL)-10. It includes chapters on its importance for maintaining immune homeostasis in humans, its role in intestinal immunity and its functions during viral and bacterial infections. In addition, it presents reviews on the mechanisms linking innate microbial recognition to the production of IL-10 and on how IL-10 recognition by its receptor functions. The roles of T and B cells as relevant sources of IL-10 are also discussed, with an emphasis on the clinical opportunities offered by IL-10-producing Tr1 cells for the suppression of unwanted immunity. Finally, the functions of other cytokines of the IL-10 family are presented. Collectively, these articles provide a comprehensive overview of our current knowledge on one of the most important anti-inflammatory cytokines known to date.
- IL-10 in humans: lessons from the gut, IL-10/IL-10 receptor deficiencies and IL-10 polymorphisms
Control of intestinal inflammation by interleukin-10
Tr1 cells and the counter-regulation of immunity: natural mechanisms and therapeutic applications
Interleukin-10-producing B cells and the regulation of immunity
Pathogen Manipulation of cIL-10 Signaling Pathways: Opportunities for Vaccine Development?- IL-10: achieving balance during persistent viral infection
The role of microRNAs in the control and mechanism of action of IL-10
The regulation of IL-10 expression
The Molecular Basis of IL-10 Function: From Receptor Structure to the Onset of Signaling
Role of IL-22 in microbial host defense.
- Fillatreau, Simon. editor.
O'Garra, Anne. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-662-43492-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|