Somavatīpūjā, circa 1700-1850. = सोमवतीपूजा, १७००-१८५०.
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (3 leaves) : paper ; 11 x 22 cm.
- Hinduism -- Rituals -- Texts.
Rites and ceremonies -- India.
New moon -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.
- Manuals (instructional materials)
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Instructions with associated rules and laws (dharma) for performing rites of worship and prayer on the day of Somavatī, first day of the new moon, in order to keep bad things from happening.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
Written in 7-8 lines per leaf.
3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: iti pūjāsamāptā // (f. 3v).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Penn Provenance:
- Anan Sin Bhaṭ Vole is named at the end of the manuscript (f. 3v) and is possibly a former owner or scribe associated with the manuscript.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 3436 (UP 1428).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1428.
- Anan Sin Bhaṭ Vole, associated name.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 1428
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|