Improved test methods for specific gravity and absorption of coarse and fine aggregate / Nam H. Tran, Randy C. West, National Center for Asphalt Technology, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, Haleh Azari, AASHTO Advanced Pavement Research Laboratory, Gaithersburg, MD.
- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2015.
- Report (National Cooperative Highway Research Program) ; 805.
Report (National Cooperative Highway Research Program)
72, A-11, B-12 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Aggregates (Building materials) -- United States -- Testing.
Road materials -- United States -- Testing.
- "TRB's National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Report 805: Improved Test Methods for Specific Gravity and Absorption of Coarse and Fine Aggregate develops test methods for determining the specific gravity and absorption of coarse and fine aggregates. This test is designed to improve the accuracy, precision, ease of use, and time required for conditioning and testing as compared to the current American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) T 84 and T 85 methods." -- Publisher's description.
Selection of test methods for evaluation
Evaluation of candidate test methods
Practical significance of aggregate specific gravity test results
Conclusions and recommendations
Appendix A. Revised AASHTO T 85
Appendix B. Revised AASHTO T 84.
- At head of the title: National Cooperative Highway Research Program.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 71-72).
- West, Randy C. (Randy Clark), 1964- author.
Azari, Haleh, author.
National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board, issuing body.
National Cooperative Highway Research Program, sponsoring body.
American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, sponsoring body.
United States. Federal Highway Administration, sponsoring body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|