Proposed practice for alternative bidding of highway drainage systems / Michael Maher, Gregory Hebeler, Andrew Fuggle, Colby Caywood, Kenneth Avery, Joseph VanKerkhove, Ian D. Moore.
- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2015.
- Report (National Cooperative Highway Research Program) ; 801.
Report (National Cooperative Highway Research Program)
135 pages : illustrations, map ; 28 cm.
- Road drainage -- United States -- Design and construction.
Road construction contracts -- United States.
Performance based specifications.
- "TRB's National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Report 801: Proposed Practice for Alternative Bidding of Highway Drainage Systems explores the application of a performance-based process for selection of drainage pipe systems. The selection process is based on satisfying performance criteria for the drainage system while considering the full range of suitable pipe materials." -- Publisher's description.
State of the practice summary
Summary of gaps in knowledge and practice
Introduction to the recommended practice
Preparatory agency actions prior to implementation of the recommended practice
Final check and policy application
Results and bidding
Installation, maintenance, and tracking
Implementation of the recommended practice
Future and parallel research
Appendix A. Recommended practice for bidding alternative drainage pipe systems
Appendix B. Worked example of the recommended practice
Appendix C. Summary of durability evaluation methods.
- At head of the title: National Cooperative Highway Research Program.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Hebeler, Gregory, author.
Fuggle, Andrew, author.
Caywood, Colby L., author.
Avery, Kenneth, author.
VanKerkhove, Joseph, author.
Moore, Ian D., author.
National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board, issuing body.
National Cooperative Highway Research Program, sponsoring body.
American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, sponsoring body.
United States. Federal Highway Administration, sponsoring body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|