Oxygen radicals in biological systems. Part D [electronic resource] / edited by Lester Packer.
- San Diego : Academic Press, c1994.
- Methods in enzymology ; 0076-6879 v. 234.
Methods in enzymology, 0076-6879 ; v. 234
1 online resource (xxxiii, 704 p.) : ill
- Active oxygen.
- Medical subjects:
- Free Radicals.
Reactive Oxygen Species.
- Electronic books.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Since biological tissues are unstable in an oxygen atmosphere, a great deal of effort is expended by organisms to metabolically limit or repair oxidative tissue damage. This volume of Methods in Enzymology and its companion Volume 233 present methods developed to investigate the roles of oxygen radicals and antioxidants in disease. It includes techniques and assays of the activity of biothiols in soluble systems, their interaction with lipids and proteins, and the various new thiol enzymes, such as thioltransferases, being elucidated. Antioxidant reactions and gene regulation are also included.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Packer, Lester.
- 0121821358 (electronic bk.)
9780121821357 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|