A unique story of a marvellous career : life of Hon. Phineas T. Barnum : comprising his boyhood, youth, vicissitudes of early years ; his Herculean struggles, brilliant enterprises, astonishing successes ... / by Joel Benton, Esq.
- Other records:
- [Canvassing book]
- [United States] : Edgewood Publishing Company, 1891.
1 v. (various pagings) : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Barnum, P. T. (Phineas Taylor), 1810-1891.
Circus owners -- United States -- Biography.
Dummies (Bookselling) -- Specimens.
Booksellers and bookselling -- Colportage, subscription trade etc.
Bookbinding -- Specimens.
Subscription lists (Publishing)
- Canvassing book consisting of specimen leaves and illustrations; full broadside prospectus; preprinted subscription order leaves; slip of printed materials (on pink paper) directed at canvassers tipped in to rear free endpaper.
Binding: cloth binding, with spine design stampted onto back cover; one leather spine sample mounted to rear pastedown.
Copyright 1891 by R.B. Pollock
- Local notes:
- Zinman 111 has inscribed on front fly leaf inscribed: "1922. Mr. John McCormack/ to Annie Fish." All subscription orders are excised.
- Penn Provenance:
- Zinman, Michael (donor) (Canvassing Collection copy)
McCormack, John (autograph) (Canvassing Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Arbour, K. Canvassing books, 111
- Edgewood Publishing Co., publisher.
Canvassing and Sample Book Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Subscription Publishing Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|