The Cambridge introduction to French literature / Brian Nelson.
- Other Title:
- Introduction to French literature
- Cambridge, United Kingdom : Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Cambridge introductions to literature.
xx, 298 pages ; 24 cm.
- French literature -- History and criticism.
- "In this highly accessible introduction, Brian Nelson provides an overview of French literature - its themes and forms, traditions and transformations - from the Middle Ages to the present. Major writers, including francophone authors writing from areas other than France, are discussed chronologically in the context of their times, to provide a sense of the development of the French literary tradition and the strengths of the most influential writers within it. Nelson offers close readings of exemplary passages from key works, presented in the original French and with an English translation"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|