Guidebook on alternative quality management systems for highway construction / Keith R. Molenaar, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, Douglas D. Gransberg, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, David N. Sillars, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR.
- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2015.
- Report (National Cooperative Highway Research Program) ; 808.
Report (National Cooperative Highway Research Program)
82 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Roads -- United States -- Design and construction -- Quality control.
- "TRB's National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Report 808: Guidebook on Alternative Quality Management Systems for Highway Construction provides national guidance on standard approaches relating to quality management systems (QMSs). The basis for the report stems from a lack of guidance that resulted in significant investment on the part of transportation agencies, contractors, and consultants to develop unique QMSs for different agencies on a project-by-project basis. The speed at which rapid renewal projects must be delivered creates a demand for a well-defined QMS that can be successfully replicated on a variety of projects. The report will guide readers through the process of developing a QMS that is both responsive to specific project needs and broad enough to be replicated with project-specific adaptations on future projects of similar scope, complexity, and delivery schedule. The project quality assurance organization (QAO) selection forms presented in the report are available online." -- Publisher's description.
The business case for alternative quality management systems
Quality assurance organizations
Quality assurance organization selection
Useful tools for an alternative quality management system
Appendix A. Glossary of terms
Appendix B. Common quality management tools
Appendix C. Highway project quality assurance organization selection guide
Abbreviations, acronyms, and definitions.
- At head of title: National Cooperative Highway Research Program.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Gransberg, Douglas D., author.
Sillars, David Neil, 1952- author.
National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board, issuing body.
National Cooperative Highway Research Program, sponsoring body.
American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, sponsoring body.
United States. Federal Highway Administration, sponsoring body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|