Our new west : records of travel between the Mississippi and the Pacific Ocean ... / by Samuel Bowles.
- [Canvassing book]
- Hartford : Hartford Publishing Co., 1869.
1 v. (various pagings) : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- West (U.S.).
West (U.S.) -- Description and travel.
Dummies (Bookselling) -- Specimens.
Booksellers and bookselling -- Colportage, subscription etc.
Bookbinding -- Specimens.
Subscription lists (Publishing)
Subscribers' addresses (Publishing)
- Place of Publication:
- United States Connecticut Hartford.
- Canvassing book consisting of specimen leaves and illustrations; full broadside prospectus; preprinted subscription order leaves.
Binding: cloth binding; one cloth spine sample mounted to front pastedown and two leather spine samples mounted to rear pastedown.
Copyright 1869 by Samuel Bowles.
"Samuel Bowles and Company, Printers, Electrotypers and Binders, Springfield, Mass." on verso of title page.
"Sold to Subscribers only" on prospectus.
- Local notes:
- Zinman 157 has subscription order leaves containing the names of approximately 125 subscribers from Eau Claire (WI), with binding preferences, dates of delivery (several orders dated 1872), & other information. Ms. notes record some subscribers may have ordered other works, indicated by pencil headings "Woman Book," "Bible," and "Receipt Book."
- Penn Provenance:
- Zinman, Michael (donor) (Canvassing Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Arbour, K. Canvassing books, 157
- Hartford Publishing Co., publisher.
Canvassing and Sample Book Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
American Subscription Publishing Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|