Zubdat al-raml, 18--?
1 item (22 leaves) : paper ; 25 x 16 cm.
- Manuals (instructional materials)
Manuscripts, Persian -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Persian with colophon in Arabic (Nastaʻlīq)
- Text on geomancy and astrology, with numbers associated with geomantic figures (patterns of lines and dots) both within the text (f. 19v) and in two tables in red ink at the end of the manuscript (f. 22v). An early heading (f. 1v) refers to the third astrological house, suggesting that the beginning of the text, with discussion of the first and second houses, is lacking. The first extant leaf is detached. A smaller piece of pink paper with notes of numbers and arrays is sewn into the manuscript (f. 10).
- Title and attribution from colophon (f. 22r).
Written in 9-15 lines per leaf.
Catchwords, lower center verso.
Probably written in northern India in the 19th century (Pushkar Sohoni).
Some corrections or additions in margins; numbers and geomantic figures and significant words and phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Penn Provenance:
- Sold by Luhadia Stamp Company (eBay), 2015.
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Indic 18.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|