Song of the unicorn : a Merlin tale featuring Jeremy Irons.
- Pickering, Ont. : Classical Kids, 
- Naxos Music Library.
- Sound recording
1 online resource
- Merlin (Legendary character) -- Legends -- Juvenile sound recordings.
Unicorns -- Legends -- Juvenile sound recordings.
Arthur, King -- Legends -- Juvenile sound recordings.
Music appreciation -- Juvenile sound recordings.
Middle Ages -- Study and teaching -- Juvenile sound recordings.
Renaissance -- Study and teaching -- Juvenile sound recordings.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- When a young queen falls mysteriously ill, her children, Megan and Owen, are sent deep into the forest in search of her only cure, the legendary unicorn. The great magician Merlin helps them on their quest. With riddles and the unicorn's song the children travel to the magical isle of Avalon where they must decide what will truly cure their mother, King Arthur's powerful sister Morgan-le-Fay, or the healing touch of the unicorn.
- Once upon a time (Lauda)
Procession (Danse Royale)
Travelling (Early one morning)
By the river (Gibbons - the silver swan)
At the monastery (Gregorian chant)
In the dormitory (Riddle lullaby)
In the village (Summer is icumen in)
Meeting Merlin (Celtic harp)
Cave Dance (Balle Cervantino)
The birth of music (Sound effects, instruments)
The future of music (Chaconne on Greensleeves, Bach, Mozart)
Beethoven and the Unicorn's song
Meeting King Arthur (Festivities, Chanson a la Vierge)
Galloping horse (English dance)
The lake (Tallis - Audivi Vocem)
The miracle of the feathers (Western wind into unicorn's song)
The boat (Shepherds, calm you flocks)
Arriving in Avalon (Psaltry)
Court Dance (Trotto)
Morgan (Pilgrim's journey)
Meeting the unicorns (Sir John, his alman)
In the grove (Danzon)
Peace (Sweelinck - Mono Dieu, j'ai en toy)
The storm (Ghaetta)
Freedom (Celtic-style tune)
- Jeremy Irons, narrator ; with assisting actors, musicians, and singer.
- Narration with musical excerpts; enhanced with graphics, activities and teacher resources for PC or Mac.
Hard copy version record.
- Irons, Jeremy, 1948- narrator.
- Publisher Number:
- 84322-2 The Children's Group
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|