The New Juarez / J&M Productions presents a Charlie Minn film ; produced and directed by Charlie Minn.
- [Las Cruces, N.M.?] : J&M Productions, 2012.
1 videodisc (82 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Ciudad Juárez (Mexico) -- Social conditions -- 21st century.
Gangs -- Mexico -- Ciudad Juárez -- 21st century.
Drugs -- Mexico -- Ciudad Juárez -- 21st century.
Murder -- Mexico -- Ciudad Juárez -- 21st century.
Law enforcement -- Mexico -- Ciudad Juárez -- 21st century.
Mexico -- Ciudad Juárez
- Documentary films.
- In English and Spanish with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- In October 2010, the city of Juarez, Mexico averaged over 10 murders per day. By August 2012, the city's murder rate was down to 1 per day. What happened? This film goes in-depth with director Charlie Minn as he interviews Juarez mayor Hector Murguia, police chief Julian Leyzaola, citizens of Juarez, and other experts and academics who express their opinions about the latest in the city. A police ride-along adds to the tension of this intense and emotional film.
- Music by Kyle Hildenbrand ; edited by Yota Matsuo and Aaron Thomas ; camera by Donnie Laffoday.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Minn, Charlie, director, producer., Director, Producer
Murguia, Hector, related name., Associated name
Leyzoala, Julian, related name., Associated name
J & M Productions. , Producer
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|