Ethnic minority perspectives on clinical training and services in psychology [electronic resource] / Hector F. Myers ... [and others], editors.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c1991.
1 online resource
- Clinical psychology -- Study and teaching -- United States -- Congresses.
Minorities in psychology -- United States -- Congresses.
Minorities -- Education -- United States -- Congresses.
Minorities -- Mental health services -- United States -- Congresses.
- Medical subjects:
- Mental Health Services.
Minority Groups -- education -- congresses.
Psychology, Clinical -- education -- congresses.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 47 mental health professionals and students representing 28 training programs and institutions participated in the UCLA [University of California, Los Angeles] conference and were charged with accomplishing the following objectives: (a) to survey the state of the art and psychology's potential contributions to minority mental health training, (b) to identify good training programs as models in minority mental health training and worthwhile program directions, (c) to identify obstacles in the development of ethnic minority mental health training programs and make recommendations for possible solutions, and (d) to discuss how training programs might meet the requirements of the new NIMH [National Institute of Mental Health] priority problem populations. /// The participants were charged with discussing the various options and strategies that could be used to achieve the desired objectives and making specific recommendations to NIMH, the APA [American Psychological Association], and the other agencies and organizations for actions in four areas: (a) faculty development and curriculum development; (b) academic training at the master's level, doctoral level, and postdoctoral level; (c) predoctoral and postdoctoral internship training, and (d) retraining and continuing education. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2004 APA, all rights reserved)
- Based on a series of three conferences held in 1988, sponsored by the NIMH.
Includes bibliographical references.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 1992. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s1992 dcunns.
- Myers, Hector F.
National Institute of Mental Health (U.S.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|