The Challenge in mathematics and science education [electronic resource] : psychology's response / edited by Louis A. Penner ... [and others].
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- 1st ed.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, 1993.
1 online resource
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching -- United States.
Science -- Study and teaching -- United States.
Minorities -- Education -- United States.
- Medical subjects:
- Mathematics -- education -- United States.
Science -- education -- United States.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- A recent National Education Summit proposal stated that by the year 2000, all US students should leave high school with mastery over "challenging subject matter, including English, mathematics, science, history, and geography" and that they should rank first in the world in mathematics and science education. /// "The Challenge in Mathematics and Science Education: Psychology's Response" discusses, within the perspective of contemporary psychology, the underlying scientific principles and the mechanisms needed to improve the American educational system to produce these desired results. The book also addresses the variables of ethnicity and gender as they are related to academic performance in mathematics and science education. /// The contributing authors of [this book] draw on concepts from social, cognitive, educational, and clinical psychology to make valuable contributions to current theories on effective curriculum development and instructional methods. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2004 APA, all rights reserved)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 1994. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s1994 dcunns.
- Penner, Louis A., 1943-
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|