Education and training beyond the doctoral degree [electronic resource] : proceedings of the American Psychological Association National Conference on Postdoctoral Education and Training in Psychology.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- Washington, D.C. : Education Directorate, American Psychological Association ; Madison, Conn. : International Universities Press, c1995.
- Conference Name:
- American Psychological Association National Conference on Postdoctoral Education and Training in Psychology (1994 : University of Oklahoma)
1 online resource
- Psychology -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- United States -- Congresses.
Psychologists -- Training of -- United States -- Congresses.
- Medical subjects:
- Psychology -- education -- United States -- congresses.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The purpose of the Conference was to "study postdoctoral education and training extant across different areas of psychology and identify postdoctoral education models, directions, and mechanisms for quality assurance which may be needed by individuals entering the discipline of psychology in the 21st century." The Conference was to bring together teachers, researchers, and practitioners in psychology and foster integrative thinking across these perspectives. 15 issues [were suggested] to be addressed by the Conference participants who should be representative of the practice, research, and teaching communities of [the] American Psychological Association. The 6 general issues that were finally discussed at the Conference and around which these Proceedings are organized are: models for education and training beyond the doctoral degree; societal needs, changing demographics, and national policies; expanding knowledge and skills base; impact of changing technology; evaluation and lifelong learning [and] funding. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2004 APA, all rights reserved)
- The conference was held in 1994 in Norman, Oklahoma at the University of Oklahoma's Kellogg Center for Continuing Education.
Includes bibliographical references.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 1995. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s1995 dcunns.
- American Psychological Association. Education Directorate.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|