Inventive strategies for teaching mathematics [electronic resource] : implementing standards for reform / James A. Middleton and Polly Goepfert.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- 1st ed.
- Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, c1996.
- Psychology in the classroom
Psychology in the classroom
1 online resource
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching.
- Medical subjects:
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- In 1989, the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) . . . published the first of (currently) 3 documents outlining a vision for what mathematics education should look like as we progress into the 21st century. These documents, the "Curriculum and Evaluation Standards for School Mathematics," the "Professional Standards for Teaching Mathematics," and the "Assessment Standards for School Mathematics," were designed to reflect the mathematics and pedagogy requisite for success in our increasingly complex and information-oriented society. /// The main purpose of this book is to help mathametics teachers apply the philosophies behind these standards and implement the suggested reforms in their own classrooms.
/// The basic philosophy underscoring this book is that implementing reform is a process--that is, standards are visions to work toward, not end points to reach. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2004 APA, all rights reserved)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 157-163).
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 1996. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s1996 dcunns.
- Goepfert, Polly.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|