Children exposed to marital violence [electronic resource] : theory, research, and applied issues / edited by George W. Holden, Robert A. Geffner, and Ernest N. Jouriles.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- 1st ed.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c1998.
- Conference Name:
- International Conference on Children Exposed to Family Violence (1st : 1996 : Austin, Tex.)
- APA science volumes
APA science volumes
1 online resource
- Children and violence -- Congresses.
Children of abused wives -- Congresses.
Family violence -- Psychological aspects -- Congresses.
Social work with children -- Congresses.
- Medical subjects:
- Adolescent -- congresses.
Violence -- congresses.
Domestic Violence -- psychology -- congresses.
Social Work -- congresses.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Examines the research on theory, research and applied issues related to children exposed to violence and analyzes the complex interactions that determine children's outcomes. Among the questions the book addresses are the following: Why are some children greatly affected by marital violence, whereas others function quite well under the circumstances? What features of the hostile environment are the children reacting to, and what characteristics of the children and their parents mediate or exacerbate behavior problems? Why is there such variability in children's outcomes, and what can be done to help them? /// Part I focuses on theoretical and conceptual issues that have been neglected by much of the previous research in this field. Part II presents research reports, each of which provides one or more methodological innovations for better understanding children's responses to marital violence. Part III focuses on some of the research implications for social policy and intervention with this population of children. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2004 APA, all rights reserved)
- Based on the First International Conference on Children Exposed to Family Violence, held June 6-8, 1996 in Austin, Tex.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 1998. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s1998 dcunns.
- Holden, George W.
Jouriles, Ernest N.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|