Psychosocial interventions for cancer [electronic resource] / edited by Andrew Baum and Barbara L. Andersen.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- 1st ed.
- Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2001.
- Decade of behavior
Decade of behavior
1 online resource
- Cancer -- Psychological aspects.
Cancer -- Social aspects.
- Medical subjects:
- Neoplasms -- psychology.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- This book is about cancer and about the research in psychosocial and biobehavioral oncology that is underway to help control it. It is about the advent, implementation, and evaluation of interventions to modify behaviors, beliefs, and risk factors associated with the onset, progression and recurrence of cancer. It is also about the underlying excitement of discovery and purpose. As this new field grows and our knowledge of cancer and its causes develops, psychosocial interventions will become more targeted and more successful. The rapidly growing literature on psychosocial interventions and cancer strongly indicates that behavioral phenomena and modification of them can affect whether people develop cancer, how they respond to treatment, and in some cases how long they live. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2004 APA, all rights reserved)
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2001. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s2001 dcunns.
- Baum, Andrew.
Andersen, Barbara L.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|