Professional preparation of clinical psychologists; [electronic resource] : proceedings. / Editors: Erasmus L. Hoch, Alan O. Ross [and] C. L. Winder.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- Washington : American Psychological Association, 
- Conference Name:
- Conference on the Professional Preparation of Clinical Psychologists (1965 : Chicago)
1 online resource
- Clinical psychology -- Study and teaching -- Congresses.
- Medical subjects:
- Psychology, Clinical -- education -- congresses.
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The Conference on the Professional Preparation of Clinical Psychologists met in Chicago from August 27 to September 1, 1965. It hoped to identify, examine, and assess the major influences, directions, goals, and action alternatives of consequence to clinical psychology and clinical psychologists. Its close to 100 conferees represented as broad a spectrum of background, experience, interests, roles, and responsibilities as could be gathered for the purpose. The desired outcomes were threefold: (a) to stimulate a national discourse meaningful to psychologists in general and clinical psychologists in particular; (b) to clarify major issues and alternatives; (c) to formulate and implement feasible proposals for strengthening the professional preparation of clinical psychologists. The Conference Proceedings are intended not as a set of precise guidelines for clinical training but as a congeries of ideas and provocative suggestions that will stimulate a continuing dialogue. Indeed, the real Conference may be said to consist of the discussions and debates among psychologists themselves which the Proceedings of the more formal Conference are designed to promote. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2004 APA, all rights reserved)
- Conference made possible by a grant from the National Institute of Mental Health to the American Psychological Association.
Includes bibliographical references.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2004. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s2004 dcunns.
- Hoch, Erasmus Leonard, b. 1914, ed.
American Psychological Association.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|