How psychotherapists develop [electronic resource] : a study of therapeutic work and professional growth / by David E. Orlinsky, Michael Helge Rønnestad and the Collaborative Research Network of the Society for Psychotherapy Research ; with contributions by Hansruedi Ambühl ... [and others].
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- 1st ed.
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2005.
1 online resource
- Psychotherapists -- Attitudes.
Psychotherapists -- Psychology.
Psychotherapists -- Training of.
- Medical subjects:
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- "Based on a 15-year study of psychotherapists' experiences and careers, this book is written equally for practicing therapists, clinical educators, and mental health researchers. The authors and their collaborators collected richly detailed reports from nearly 5,000 psychotherapists of all career levels, professions, and theoretical orientations in more than a dozen countries worldwide. Here the authors sensitively explore the complex nature and interrelatedness of psychotherapeutic work and professional development through a series of systematic, controlled, clinically and theoretically informed analyses--and, in so doing, establish a solid foundation for empirically supported programs of training and supervision. This landmark work emphasizes to researchers the importance of the psychotherapist's contribution to effective treatment, offers guidance to teachers and supervisors of psychotherapists, and--not least--promises to satisfy the curiosity of therapists at all career levels about how their own experiences of work and growth compare with those of their peers and colleagues"--Cover. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2006 APA, all rights reserved)
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 293-311) and indexes.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2005. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s2005 dcunns.
- Rønnestad, Michael Helge.
Society for Psychotherapy Research. Collaborative Research Network.
- 1557987270 (print)
1591472733 (electronic bk.)
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|