Chronic schizophrenia; [electronic resource] : explorations in theory and treatment. / Edited by Lawrence Appleby, Jordan M. Scher, and John Cumming. With a foreword by Karl Menninger.
- Other Title:
- APA PsycBOOKS.
- Glencoe, Ill. : Free Press, 
- Conference Name:
- Institute on Chronic Schizophrenia and Hospital Treatment Programs (1958 : State Hospital, Osawatomie, Kan.)
1 online resource
- Medical subjects:
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- The central issue and the organizing feature of this book may be essentially framed as follows: What can be done about the treatment of patients in a given mental hospital with approximately one-half of its population classified as chronic schizophrenics and where there is a minimum of medical, psychological, and nursing personnel? Our plan, which is suggested by the ordering of this volume, was to have formal papers presented which both described some theoretical notions or viewpoint about schizophrenia and either a definite treatment procedure or the logical implications for a therapeutic method. There was also to be counter-discussion after these presentations. The broadest aim then was to conceptualize definitive practical treatments for the relatively large, public mental institution. The first section includes those papers dealing with the broad nature of the problem; the second section, still somewhat general, is more precise in its theoretical formulations and offers some clinical applications; the third division is highly specific in its clinical dealings and is generally concerned with empirical findings and pragmatic techniques. The final section is an attempt to critically examine and summarize the aforementioned sections. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2005 APA, all rights reserved)
- Includes bibliographies and bibliographical references.
Electronic reproduction. Washington, D.C. : American Psychological Association, 2005. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreement. s2005 dcunns.
Part of the APA PsycBOOKS collection.
- Appleby, Lawrence, 1930- ed.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|